Thursday, March 11, 2010

Parades, Rentals, and Recalls

Parades:  The Xterra is ready for the parade in Rochester on Saturday.  New stickers, coat of wax, and touch-up paint.  During the detail job I noticed damage that was not taken care of during the week at the collision shop.  The X is going back.  A brand new BFG AT KO has a couple slices in the side wall.  I am more upset about that than I am about the damage to the rocker panel.  So, those of you in Rochester, New York, feel free to shout out during the parade.  See you there!


Rentals:  I have had several negative experiences with Allstate Insurance.  For this accident I had my company take care of everything and then they will get reimbursed from Allstate.  The one positive thing about Allstate is that they will pay for the cost of a rental that is equal to the damaged X.  Cool.


Recalls:  You're cruising down the road and pass a Toyota car.  Then you pull in front of the Toyota and hang out there.  Why would anyone want to put themselves in front of a vehicle that is recalled for unintentional acceleration? I'm the owner of one of those cars.  So is my husband.  I commute from Rochester to Buffalo.  I do not understand other drivers.




Legal Stuff:
At work today I had to answer a few unique questions for patrons.  I work in a law library in Buffalo.  I have two shifts/weeks at the reference desk.  I love my job.  My most recent post noted the NYCRR.  For historical searches of the NYCRR one has to keep in mind that the publication changed publishers and was reissued in 1994/1995.  During today's quest I reached the road block when the I could not locate the pages that were removed in the 1/1/95 updating process.  That is when my supervisor showed me the set that was replaced at that time.


In Western New York a person can complete a historical research trail of the NYCRR at the Supreme Court Library at Buffalo (http://www.nycourts.gov/library/buffalo/index.shtml) and at the Appellate Division Fourth Department Law Library in Rochester (http://www.nycourts.gov/library/ad4/index.shtml).   The Buffalo collection is filed by date of supplement and the Rochester collection is filed by historical note.


Laptop battery needs power and I need sleep.
Be well.
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment